DELIVERY TRENDS FOR 2019
It’s projected that the local courier delivery market will reach nearly $107 billion in 2019. Much of this will be for “last mile” deliveries. Major delivery trends for 2019 will include making all deliveries, but particularly last-mile deliveries, greener, faster, and more mechanical for any type of product (prepared food, groceries, clothing, etc.).
INCREASED USE OF COURIER MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Courier Management Software is a way for businesses to operate and manage their delivery services more efficiently. This type of software helps with day to day operations including customer and company details, hub rates, and pickup centers.
- This software is highly customizable to fit any business model.
- 54% of millennials will pay more for same day delivery.
- Expected growth rate of the global courier management software market is 11%.
DELIVERIES WILL BE GREENER
Many companies are beginning to go green and consumers want to be more associated with eco friendly options. Businesses are introducing more ways to reduce their carbon footprint by recycling and reducing their waste. It is no surprise that one of the best ways to go green is deliveries, where much energy is spent.
- One courier driving a standard gasoline vehicle releases 33 tons of carbon emissions per year.
- 77% of consumers are concerned with having eco-conscious options for their deliveries.
- Trials of electric freight vehicles to combat pollution in urban areas are in testing.
THE FUTURE OF “LAST MILE” DELIVERIES IS ROBOTIC
The future for deliveries is changing as technology is becoming more advanced. Self-driving vehicles and other robots are already becoming more prominent in today’s society. As time goes by, more robots will be developed and introduced.
- Around 60% of people have food delivered at least once a week.
- Bots get up to 30 miles per charge, making them cheaper and more eco-friendly.
- It’s estimated by 2025, over 80% of deliveries will be made by self-driving vehicles, including food delivery robots.
Today, customers have never had so many options for delivery. Courier Management Software is becoming increasingly popular for businesses to operate and manage their delivery services effortlessly. There is a need for businesses and consumers to introduce improved green ways to transport goods that help sustain the environment. The future of “last mile” deliveries potentially brings the introduction of robots and self-driving vehicles to get deliveries done more efficiently and with less human efforts. These major delivery trends for 2019 will shape the future of deliveries for years to come.