A dispatch/courier management software helps you monitor all the verticals of your courier or e-commerce business while sitting at one place. Given below are some of the benefits offered by such software and how it can help you put better results on the table.
- Increases Efficiency and Accuracy – Such software helps assign specific barcodes and unique package number. This helps to input information about the incoming and outgoing consignments with utmost accuracy and also saves time.
- Proper Order Entry – Courier management software helps with proper order entry. The specifications may include caller, pick-up location and delivery. This helps to organize dispatch and delivery effectively as well as maintain effective customer communication.
- Dispatch Tracking – Fleet management becomes a lot easier with proper software in place. You can view all the driver details on one screen at the same time. You can track the deliveries that have been made and the ones that are yet to be made. You can prioritize the dispatch that is most important. The software keeps all the vital links updated whether it is the operations managers, dispatchers or administrators.
- Proper Warehousing – With a sound technological system at place, warehousing becomes a lot simpler. It also eliminates the chances of errors arising out of manual invoicing. You can simply scan the barcodes to track the number of units.
- Reporting – Such software comes with built-in report writer. This report writer accesses the pool of data available under different verticals of courier management. You can easily view report on delivery, drive performance and activity and so on. This can help you point out loopholes and fix them easily. You can also compare reports from two different time period to determine your progress. You can also direct these report to concerned department members.
If you still haven’t tried dispatch management software, then its time you do so. You are sure to notice improved efficiency and better handling of consignments.