HOW TO GROW YOUR E-COMMERCE BUSINESS WITH COURIER SERVICE SOFTWARE
An eCommerce business thrives on two factors – product quality and the robustness of its delivery network. However, with recent advancements in technology and major players driving intense competition in last mile delivery, the latter factor seems to be gaining prominence today. Fortunately, for buyers, the digitization of the entire supply-chain system, has resulted not only in faster deliveries of products, but also access to high quality products even for those living in remote locations.
In an article published in Supply Chain Management Review, it is mentioned that digitization of the supply chain has forced traditional logistics providers to automate their process. The article also says that this has led to the emergence of successful, small-scale e-commerce enterprises. A fact also stated in an article on Forbes, about the shipping strategy of small and midsize retailers.
SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS TO THE RESCUE
Advantages like real-time updates on shipping, enhanced visibility, advanced tracking and uncomplicated product returns are some of the benefits that logistics providers of all sizes stand to gain with the use of courier software applications. In addition, such solutions allow the service providers to efficiently map consumer journeys, leading to greater customer satisfaction. Let’s take a look at some of the features these solutions offer:
- Such easy-to-use software solutions are compatible across all operating systems. They help companies to get real-time as well as historical data of their courier business. For example, an order-entry system, which allows customer service representatives to access five screens at once, allows businesses to handle more work with less manpower.
- Inventory and distribution software become easy to use with synchronized barcode scanners. Scheduling dispatch software allows you the freedom to create, add and delete routes in the most profitable combination possible.
- Nowadays, even if the client sends spreadsheets with hundreds of orders, distribution software systems can quickly import the data through a Mass Import Tool, thereby easing the process for the service provider, says an expert at Key Software Systems.
- Robust accounting modules help reduce invoicing time.
- Dispatchers can easily identify, anticipate and address delivery management issues in real time, with color-coding options for late or potentially late deliveries. Color coding also alerts dispatch to new online orders and driver communication problems.
- A business can partner with other businesses, in different parts of the country, by a virtual nationwide courier management network. This enhances business capabilities and brings in new clients.
- They run on all popular mobile platforms, with key data and communications becoming accessible on smartphones.
Companies, as a result, can have a multi-channel presence, agile processes and robust IT support, enabling the growth for their business.