1. What are the key benefits of courier dispatch software?
The key advantages of courier dispatch software include:
- Streamlined operations
- Helps businesses optimize their resources
- Route optimization saves time and money
- Better access to time sensitive information
- Helps attract new clients with quality online mapping, tracking and shipping
- Built-in accounting reduces invoicing time
- Tracks driver performance and generates reports identifying stops, speeding activity, idling and more
- Offers GPS mapping to track location of vehicle & driver
- Reduces wear and tear and expensive fuel usage costs
- Offers customizable reports for detailed analysis
- Ensures quick and easy mobile reporting.
2. What are the challenges a courier business may face?
The major challenges most commonly faced by courier businesses include:
- Proper utilization of assets and resources
- Details about the package
- Details about the fleet/vehicle delivering the package to the recipient
- Tracking customers who have requested deliveries
- Minimum control over unforeseen incidences on the road
- Scheduling and tracking vehicles
- Management of geographically dispersed teams
- Monitoring driver behavior and safety
3. What are the different phases of a courier business?
There are five major phases of a courier business:
- Routed and scheduled work
- Distribution and cross docking operations
4. What is courier dispatch software?
Courier dispatch software is designed to meet the end-to-end needs of a courier business. Web-based courier dispatch software tracks and traces order entry, driver entry, dispatching and automatically schedules vehicles/drivers to achieve the most efficient delivery. It offers features like GPS tracking and dashboard alerts to ensure timely delivery and improve driver safety. The key advantage of such software is real-time monitoring and reports.
5. What are the key features of courier tracking software?
- Real Time Visibility
- Dynamic Route Optimization
- Mobile Communications
- Barcode Scanning
6. What is Dashboard Reporting?
Dashboard reporting is the process of displaying key performance indicators (KPIs) and analytics of a project on a single screen, to track and manage its progress, while identifying the problem areas. The best courier software offers a user-friendly interface that works across any mobile operating system.
7. What are the benefits of dashboard reporting?
The key benefits of dashboard reporting include:
- Highlights real-time or historic data of all business happenings
- Helps visualize the KPIs and other strategic data
- Sends alerts when something goes wrong
- Is viewable on a smartphone or tablet
8. What is dynamic route optimization?
The process of finding the shortest and most cost-efficient route between two points is known as route optimization. In modern courier dispatch software, the dynamic route optimization feature is seamlessly integrated in the on-demand, distribution and scheduled/routed environments. Based on current information, the route is modified to achieve time and cost savings.
9. What factors are taken into consideration in finding the best routes?
The key factors considered while determining the most optimal route include:
- Number of required stops
- Location of stops falling on the route
- Intersections and turns (especially left-hand turns)
- Traffic status in real time
- Weather conditions
- Nearest vehicle/driver to the destination
- Vehicle’s stop dwell time
- Vehicle’s capabilities
10. What are the benefits of route optimization?
The major benefits of route optimization include:
- Increased productivity of dispatcher
- Ability to identify the most cost-efficient routes
- Encourage positive word-of-mouth advertising
- Significant reduction in fleet operational costs
- Reduced mileage, fuel costs and maintenance costs
- Help win customer trust and loyalty
- Smooth scheduling and last mile delivery.